A network that advocates for, supports and empowers Teaching Artists in the Mid-Atlantic region.
TAMA is the TA seat at the table where decisions are made.
TAMA is a TA’s connection to best practices and other artists and the community.
TOGETHER we are stronger and more confident to reach career goals.
Let’s define us, together.
What is a Teaching Artist?
To WHO, in what SETTINGS, and for what PURPOSES are you TEACHING your ART?
This January Teaching Artists of the Mid-Atlantic will host an unprecedented number of local meetings.
To launch this initiative, TAMA is hosting 3 webinars. Learn more about the programs, and reserve your spot today.
Won’t you join a Network?
Explore the current groups throughout each state and get connected in your region! Don’t see a group in your region or that works with your schedule? Step up as a Local Coordinator! Reach out for support as you create a local network. This guide makes the task of starting a group manageable and achievable!
It’s 2020, and TAMA – the organization that is by, for and about Teaching Artists – is here and now!
We continue to build the TA network with no membership fee. Over the past 2½ years, with no income, we carried out our mission by:
- electing a board with Directors in Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (and seeking representation in DE, DC, NY, VA, WV);
- adopting a strategic plan and governing by-laws;
- conducting Quarterly Regional Networking Meetings with live online access and that have moved throughout the region – so far we have visited Olney, MD; Bethlehem, PA; Newark, NJ; Washington, DC and Richmond, VA;
- sending newsletters and notifications with information pertinent to the livelihood of a TA;
- developing a website that continues to grow;
- providing resources and promotional tools for you to organize and host your own local networks; and
- supporting Teaching Artists to organize and share their voice at the table where decisions are made!
We ask that you donate $20 to help TAMA achieve its mission. Your donation will support:
- complete website design to launch in September 2020 with a public artist roster and private section for donors;
- video and sound equipment for network events so everyone can hear and be heard, and can see and be seen, both in person and online;
- more opportunities for Teaching Artists to market, to learn and to network;
- and, honestly, overhead (you know, all those pesky business expenses such as the web domain, PO Box, Zoom and MailChimp accounts, etc., etc…). Note: we have no employees at this point – we’re all volunteers.
These initiatives are pulled from the ideas you have requested in the TAMA survey. We are growing TAMA, together. If you have questions, concerns or interests in how your funds will directly support TAMA, please contact us.
By donating today, you will show your commitment and add your voice to our emerging network and our program goals for the field in the Mid-Atlantic region!
Teaching Artists of the Mid-Atlantic (TAMA) is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of TAMA must be made payable to “Fractured Atlas” only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.