Home Forums Maryland Fall Work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Khaleshia asked attendees of last night’s MD Meetup what we were doing for fall work – virtual or in-person or…

We had a great conversation about COVID and how it is transmitted. There was a Doctor among us. 🙂

So what are you brewing up this fall? Where and how will COVID continue to impact your world, work and career?

Marcie
    Participant

I should be thinking more about it-
    I am going to be in person at a headstart program two mornings/month for the whole school year- starting in three weeks. I will meet with the director of the program next week and ask what they’re doing about preventing transmission.
    I’ll be in a high school one afternoon/week for seven weeks.
    I’ve been doing in person art sessions with seniors. Not ideal as far as having everyone keeping a mask on, but will be reminding them about it.
    I have virtual classes in mixed media…drawing. No worries there, just the tech issues.
    I have two other in person classes at an art center. (mid- Oct; and mid- Nov.) I’m thinking we’ll all be wearing masks, and can spread out. These are one day workshops for 3 to 5 hrs. For the five hr workshop,I will definitely have the windows open and fans blowing air out- as we’re working with heating wax.
    Will be having a zoom meeting with other instructors next week.
    I really haven’t thought it entirely through with the Delta variant. Had thought before we were all ok w/the vaccinations, but now…
    Thanks for asking,
    Marcie

Jennifer
    Keymaster

It’s really difficult to figure it all out. I think I’m staying outside… and masked… I live with my mother-in-law, and she has some health things…

Marcie
    Participant

Follow up to my answer- I was happy to see good considerations for keeping it Covid safe- in the old elementary school building where I’ll be working with HeadStart children . (Signing in- including providing phone number for contact tracing, everyone wearing masks, all staff vaccinated.)
    In case anyone else is interested in mitigating, safety measures- they are using Alen air purifiers: Alen Air Purifiers and Filters | Live & Sleep Better With Pure Air.
    They like the air purifiers, say they’re sleek and easy to use. The company (Alen air purifiers) may provide additional discounts for purchasing more and being a non-profit. I’ll learn about the high school in Anne Arundel County next week.
    Marcie

Jennifer
    Keymaster

That’s great about the air purifiers! This is an important conversation!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.