We continue to build the TA network with no membership fee. Over the past 3 years, with no income, we carried out our mission by:
- electing a board with Directors in Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (and seeking representation in DC, NY, VA);
- adopting a strategic plan and governing by-laws;
- conducting Quarterly Regional Networking Meetings with live online access and that have moved throughout the region – so far we have visited Olney, MD; Bethlehem, PA; Newark, NJ; Washington, DC and Richmond, VA;
- sending newsletters and notifications with information pertinent to the livelihood of a TA;
- developing a website that continues to grow;
- providing resources and promotional tools for you to organize and host your own local networks; and
- supporting Teaching Artists to organize and share their voice at the table where decisions are made!
We ask that you donate $20 to help TAMA achieve its mission. Your donation will support:
- complete website design with a public artist roster and private section for donors (original launch date was September 2020 but the project was postponed with the pandemic);
- video and sound equipment for network events so everyone can hear and be heard, and can see and be seen, both in person and online;
- more opportunities for Teaching Artists to market, to learn and to network;
- and, honestly, overhead (you know, all those pesky business expenses such as the web domain, PO Box, Zoom and MailChimp accounts, etc., etc…). Note: we have no employees at this point – we’re all volunteers.
These initiatives are pulled from the ideas you have requested in the TAMA survey. We are growing TAMA, together. If you have questions, concerns or interests in how your funds will directly support TAMA, please contact us.
By donating today, you will show your commitment and add your voice to our emerging network and our program goals for the field in the Mid-Atlantic region!
Teaching Artists of the Mid-Atlantic (TAMA) is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of TAMA must be made payable to “Fractured Atlas” only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.